Healthy Holiday Cookies
The TENA Kitchen Recipe
- 75 mL Canola oil
- 75 mL Pure maple syrup
- 50 mL Apple juice
- 5 mL Pure vanilla extract
- 5 mL Almond extract
- 250 mL Whole almonds
- 375 mL Whole Wheat flour
- 125 mL All-purpose flour
- 10 mL Baking powder
- 2 mL Salt
- Garnish: mini chocolate chips, orange marmalade, raspberry jam
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, maple syrup, apple juice, vanilla and almond extract. Set aside.
- In a food processor, whirl almonds to chop finely.
- Add almonds to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in flours, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the oil mixture. Using your hands to mix dough together, adding an additional 6 tablespoons of apple juice to help the dough stay together.
- Form 24 balls and arrange on two cookie sheets that are lined with parchment paper.
- Using your thumb, make a small indent into each ball.
- Drop a small amount of either chocolate chips, orange marmalade or raspberry jam into the indents.
- Bake at 180°C for 18 to 20 minutes. Cool and if desired, dust with icing sugar.