Chicken Almond Vegetable Stir-Fry
The TENA Kitchen Recipe
- 500 g Skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 mL Dried tarragon
- Salt and pepper
- 25 mL Canola oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Medium onion, sliced
- 750 mL Broccoli florets
- 250 mL Thinly sliced carrots
- 500 mL Sliced mushrooms
- 750 mL Sliced Chinese cabbage
- 125 mL Chicken stock
- 10 mL Soy sauce
- 5 mL Corn starch
- 45 mL Toasted slivered or sliced almonds
- Cooked brown rice
- Cut chicken in thin strips and sprinkle with tarragon, salt and pepper.
- In large heavy skillet, heat oil over high heat.
- Add chicken and stir-fry 1 min.
- Add onion and garlic and stir-fry 2 mins.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add broccoli, carrots and mushrooms to skillet and stir-fry 2 mins, adding 15mL water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Add Chinese cabbage, cover and steam 1 min.
- In a small bowl, stir together chicken stock, soy sauce and corn starch.
- Add chicken mixture to pan.
- Stir in chicken stock mixture and stir-fry 1 min.
- Top with almonds and serve over rice.