The TENA Kitchen Recipe of the Month - July '17
Summer Minestrone Soup
- 25 mL Olive oil
- 1 Leek, thinly sliced
- 2 Green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 mL Salt
- 1 L Water
- 1 Bunch asparagus, cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- 2 mL Salt
- 250 mL Canned chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 500 mL Baby spinach leaves
- 250 mL Snow peas, cut into thirds
- 250 mL Cooked short pasta, such as pennette
- Grated parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan heat oil on medium heat.
- Add chopped leek, onions and 1 mL salt.
- Sauté until vegetables are wilted but not browned.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 L water to saucepan and bring to boil.
- Add asparagus and 2 mL salt and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add chick peas, spinach, snow peas and pasta and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until snow peas are tender.
- Spoon into soup dishes and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Makes 6 servings.