The TENA Kitchen Recipe of the Month - August '16
Apple-Pear Easy Oven Pork Roast
- 1 – 3 lb (1.5kg) Boneless pork loin roast
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Maple syrup or maple flavored pancake syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 Large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Large Barlett pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200 °C).
- Place roast in an oven proof roasting pan.
- In small bowl, combine syrup and rosemary; brush glaze over top and sides of roast. Roast meat uncovered for 30 minutes.
- While roast is roasting, toss sliced apples and pear slices with 1 tbsp (15 mL) maple syrup and 1 tbsp melted butter.
- After the roast is in the oven for 30 minutes, arrange fruit slices around roast. Put roast back in the oven and continue roasting for another 30 minutes or until the meat thermometer reads 160°F (70 °C) and juices run clear.
- Slice roast and serve the apple and pear slices along with the meat.
- Makes 6 – 8 servings.