Revised: September 29, 2018
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information in the manner described below.
- You may voluntarily provide us with information, including:
- Your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, password, credit card and other payment information as well as other information to use the Site, including registering;
- Information when you contact or interact with us; and
- Any other information you voluntarily provide us with in connection with using the Site, including your comments and other content.
- We may automatically collect other information about you, including:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Domain name of your Internet service provider;
- Your geographic location;
- The Site pages, content or features that you visit and the time and durationof your visits; and
- Aggregated information that cannot be used to specifically identify you when you use or visit the Site.
- We may collect information about you from commercially available sources.
- If you connect with Facebook through the Site, we receive your name, email address, and any other information Facebook provides.
- We may collect information about you as permitted or required by law.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect for the purpose of administering our business, including:
- The purposes for which you provided it;
- To process and respond to your inquiries;
- For fulfillment of orders and requests;
- To identify you as a user of the Site;
- To connect with your social media accounts;
- To send you information about your relationship with us;
- To enable you to provide ratings and reviews and participate in questions and answers;
- To contact you with information, including promotional information, that we believe will be of interest to you;
- To provide the services you request, including the Site and the products and services made available through the Site;
- To display relevant advertising and remarketing across websites;
- To create anonymous data and to compile aggregate data, which we may use for any purpose, including for internal and external business purposes;
- To analyze the Site;
- To allow us to personalize and enhance your experience using the Site;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
- To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability or popularity of the Site;
- To improve the Site or develop new products and services;
- To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- To prevent fraudulent transactions and prevent misuse of services or offers, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our users and our business;
- To administer and troubleshoot the Site; and
Please note that you may choose not to allow us to use your information for certain purposes (such as to email you promotional information) as described in the “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” section below.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED
Third Party Service Providers. We may use third parties to perform functions in connection with the Site (for example, postal mail, e-mail, customer relationship management, data analysis, data hosting, marketing, remarketing, credit card and other payment processing, order fulfillment, customer service, ratings and reviews, and questions and answers, etc.). We may share information about you with these third parties, or allow these third parties to collect information about you on our behalf, that they need to perform their functions and in accordance with our agreements with them. Some of these third parties may be located outside the United States. While outside the United States, information may be subject to applicable foreign laws, which may permit foreign government and national security authorities to access information in certain circumstances. The third parties described below may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different Internet services when you use the Site.
To opt-out of Bazaarvoice: http://www.bazaarvoice.com/privacy-policy/
Facebook. By clicking on the Facebook button on the Site, you will be automatically transported to the official Facebook Page for TENA, https://www.facebook.com/TENAUSA/.
Publicis Groupe. We use Publicis Groupe to operate our global marketing operations. We may provide Publicis Groupe with your name and email address. Publicis Groupe may then interact with Facebook Custom Audiences on our behalf as described above or use your information in connection with our other advertising efforts.
YouTube. By clicking on the YouTube button on the Site, you will automatically be transported to the official YouTube Page of TENA, https://www.youtube.com/user/ fearlessprotection.
Google. We may also participate in certain Google Advertiser features including Demographics and Interest Reporting, Remarketing, and Google Display Network Impression Reporting. These features use third-party cookies and other tracking mechanisms and allow us to market our products to you through advertisements on other websites based on your past visits to the Site. You can opt out of these Google features in your ad settings: http://www.google.com/settings/ads/.
To opt-out of Adobe Omniture: http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html#4
Business Changes. If we become involved in a proposed or actual merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
Other Disclosures. Regardless of the choices you make regarding your information (as described below), we may disclose information about you to third parties to:
- Enforce or apply the Terms;
- Respond to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process; or cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties to the extent required or permitted by law;
- Protect our rights, reputation, safety and property, or that of our users or others (for example, protecting the security of the Site);
- Protect against potential liability;
- Establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; or
- Investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety or property of us, users or others, violation of the Terms, our policies or agreements or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated information relating to visitors to and users of the Site with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Technologies; Do Not Track. Please see the “Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Technologies; Do Not Track” below.
COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES DO NOT TRACK
- Cookies. Cookies are small bits of information that are transferred to and stored in separate files within your computer’s browser. You can instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies. But if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all portions or all functionality of the Site.
- Persistent cookies remain on the visitor’s computer after the browser has been closed. For example, we use persistent cookies to remember a visitor when the visitor returns to the Site after visiting another website.
- Session cookies exist only during a visitor’s online session and disappear from the visitor’s computer when they close the browser software. For example, we may use session cookies to remember what a visitor placed in the visitor’s cart.
Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about an individual user's online activities over time and across different Internet services when a user uses the Site.
Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
We implement a variety of security measures to protect the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information to make shopping at our Site a safe as well as enjoyable experience for our valued customers. Please keep your account password secure to help ensure the safety of your personal information. Credit card information you provide through the Site is transmitted to our credit card processor, is processed offsite, and is transmitted using Secure Sockets Layering (SSL) through encrypted channels.
While we take reasonable measures to protect the information you submit via the Site against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other messages sent through the Site may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the site and take special care in deciding with which information you provide us.
Our authorized employees, agents, and mandataries who require access to your personal information in order to fulfill their job responsibilities will have access to your personal information. We cannot guarantee that transmissions of your personal information will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or the security measures of our partners. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION DUE TO TRANSMISSION ERRORS, THIRD PARTY ACCESS, OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
- Changing Your Information. You may make changes to your information, including keeping your information accurate, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-ASK-TENA (1-866-275-8362).
- Email Communications. You can make changes regarding receiving email communications from us by contacting us at email@example.com or 1-866-ASK-TENA (1-866-275-8362).
- Postal Mail. You can make changes regarding receiving postal mail communications from us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-ASK-TENA (1-866-275-8362).
- Facebook Advertising. You can remove your information from the list used for Facebook advertising, by contacting us at email@example.com or 1-866-ASK-TENA (1-866-275-8362).
- Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Technologies. Please see Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Technologies above.
- Withdrawal of Consent. You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. For example, you may not be permitted to withdraw consent to certain necessary uses and disclosures, such as maintaining transaction records and disclosures to U.S. and foreign government entities as required to comply with laws. If you withdraw your consent to certain uses or disclosures of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide products or services.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 18. If you are under age 18, please do not submit any personal information through the Site. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from a child under age 18, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-ASK-TENA (1-866-275-8362).
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident and your business relationship with us is primarily for personal, family or household purposes, you may request certain data regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to with "Request for California Privacy Information" in the subject line. You may make such a request up to once per calendar year. If applicable, we will provide to you via email a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately-preceding calendar year, along with the third parties' names and addresses. Please note that not all personal information sharing is covered by Section 1798.83's requirements.
HOW TO CONTACT US
TENA Consumer Care Center
P.O. Box 8091
Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54702-8091
Telephone: 1-866-ASK-TENA (1-866-275-8362)
Note that requests for access must be in writing and your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.