Protect your Wallet from the Unexpected Leak™
Save with Coupons
If you experience the Unexpected Leak™ infrequently and therefore don’t need to purchase products as often, coupons can be an economical way to save. For example, if you leak only at night and use overnight pads, you can use coupons to purchase a pack whenever needed (once month or less). Remember, for optimal savings, be sure to combine coupons with your retailer’s loyalty program and/or sale priced items. But don’t be intimidated by using these sweet little pieces of paper. What can seem like a daunting project in of itself, couponing doesn’t have to be so, extreme. Here’s a quick, first-timers guide to effectively and efficiently saving with coupons.
- The first step is getting your hands on some coupons. Here are the top places to find coupons in the Canada:
- Canadian Mailed-Out Coupon Websites like Save.ca, Websaver.ca, GoCoupons.ca.
- Coupon Inserts: 3 companies release paper copies of coupons in local newspapers and flyers. www.smartsource.com and www.redplum.com.
- Printable Coupon Websites: The most well known of these types of websites are SmartSource.ca and HealthyEssentials.ca. Just print and start saving!
- Tear Pads: located in front of the product near the price tag or sometimes at the entrance of the store, near the flyers, tear pads are manufacturer coupons found in your local grocery store. TENA often offers these coupons so stay alert next time your picking up pads or liners. (include an image/artwork of the many TENA tearpads TTT has done)
- In or On Product: You can often find coupons directly on the packaging or in the product itself. (include an image/artwork of the many TENA tearpads TTT has done)
- Follow Brands on Social Media: Stay up-to-date by following your favourite brands on social media. Here you’ll find up-to-date offers, which can include coupons. Also, be sure to check out TENA.ca often and sign up for our newsletter to get access to coupons and retailer promotions.
- Now that you have coupons, it’s extremely important organize them or you can get quite overwhelmed. The easiest way is a simple envelope system, where you have all your coupons in envelopes separated by categories. If you’re collection is a bit more extensive, try the binder method. Binders are great for organization and also allow for you to clearly view what you’re looking for.
- You’re finally ready to use your coupons! The most effective method for couponing is to use them in combination with in-store sales. You’ll be shocked by how much you can save on a single item. Be sure to check the weekly flyer to find these hot deals, as the cheapest items are usually located on the front page. Here a few more quick tips:
- Don’t use coupons on items you don’t normally buy. You’ll just end up spending more money. Donate them instead!
- Use sites like MrsJanuary.com to find the latest deals as well coupon match-ups. Let them do all the hard work for you!
- Don’t clip every coupon. If you’re not likely to use it, or the value is a low amount (under $1) forget about clipping it. This way you don’t overwhelm yourself with coupons you won’t use and you end up saving on valuable clipping time.
- Avoid peak hours when utilizing your coupons. As transaction can be a bit more time consuming, do your shopping during the quiet hours so the you and the cashier don’t get overwhelmed with line-ups.
- For all you mobile savvy savers, there are apps out there that can facilitate your coupon fix. Here are a couple of our favorites:
- Coupons.com – Bringing the best deals right to your fingertip, the coupons.com app offers a convenient way to find deals nearby. It offers, deals, coupon codes and discounts with the ability to add card-linked-offers directly to your preferred card and in turn save with just one tap. Get started here.
- Checkout51 – Every Thursday Morning, Checkout51 uploads a new list of offers to their mobile app. All you have to do is pick the offers you want and purchase these offers at a store of your choosing. Then, simply take a picture of your receipt and upload it to the app. Once your account reaches $20, the team sends you a check! To download the app and learn more, click here.
As you can see, couponing doesn’t have to become a part-time job. So, bust out your scissors, throw on your favorite playlist and look at it as more of a therapeutic process. You’re sure to be at ease once you see how much money you’re saving.
Read About Loyalty Programs >
“ You can go about your day without worrying about sudden sneezes or anything that catches you off guard. You are well protected for any sudden leakage. ”
- TENA® Ultra Thin Pad User in Nova Scotia