Salmon Fillets and Spinach Salad
The TENA Kitchen Recipe
- 1/2 Cup (125 mL) Chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 Cup (125 mL) Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Ground cumin
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Honey
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Olive oil
- 8 cups (2 L) Baby spinach leaves
- 4 Skinless boneless salmon fillets, each (6 oz/180 g)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Salt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Grated lemon rind
- In a blender or food processor, combine parsley, cilantro, garlic, cumin, honey and olive oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together sesame seeds and salt.
- Coat salmon with sesame seed mixture.
- Heat 10 mL olive oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat.
- Add salmon to hot oil and cook 4 minutes.
- Turn and cook on the other side another 3 minutes.
- Toss spinach with 50 mL dressing and divide among 4 plates.
- Top with salmon.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing. Garnish salmon with lemon rind.