Pineapple Chicken Stir-fry
The TENA Kitchen Recipe
- 75 mL Vegetable broth
- 50 mL Water
- 25 mL Flour
- 25 mL Cornstarch
- 50 mL Ketchup
- 15 mL Soy sauce
- 15 mL Rice Vinegar
- 5 mL Sugar
- 25 mL Canola oil
- 4 Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 2.5 cm cubes
- 15 mL Canola oil
- 1 each Sweet green and red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 Carrots, cut into very thin coins
- 250 mL Pineapple chunks, drained
- In a small bowl, whisk together broth, water, flour, cornstarch, ketchup, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sugar. Set aside.
- In a wok or large fry pan; heat oil over medium heat; stir-fry chicken until golden-brown and cooked. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- In same pan, add oil and stir-fry peppers and carrots until tender.
- Add pineapple chunks, cooked chicken and sauce to wok.
- Cook and stir until the sauce boils and thickens and pineapple and chicken are hot. Serve with rice or noodles.