The TENA Kitchen Recipe
- 325 mL Flour
- 25 mL Sugar
- 3 mL Baking Powder
- 1 mL Baking Soda
- 1 mL Salt
- 75 mL Chilled Butter, cut into small pieces
- 250 mL Low Fat Sour Cream
- 1 L Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- 500 mL Fresh or Frozen Strawberries
- 75 mL Sugar
- 25 mL Cornstarch
- 50 mL Milk
- 5 mL Sugar
- 2 mL Cinnamon
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, 25 mL sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in sour cream until mixture forms a soft batter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together fruit, sugar and cornstarch. Spoon into an 2L baking dish.
- Drop 8 large spoonfuls of the batter onto the fruit mixture.
- Brush batter with milk.
- Stir together sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over batter.
- Bake at 180°C for 50 minutes.
- Makes 8 servings.