The TENA Kitchen Recipe of the Month - September '17
Pineapple, Grape, and Custard Trifle
- 46 Vanilla Flavoured Wafers (each wafer about 4 cm in diameter)
- 398 mL Pineapple Tidbits packed in pineapple juice
- 107 g each Dr. Oetker Organics Pudding Mix (vanilla flavour)
- 750 mL Milk
- 500 mL 35% Whipping Cream
- 15 mL Sugar
- 5 mL Vanilla Extract
- 250 mL Red Seedless Grapes
- Count out 46 cookies. Set aside.
- Drain the pineapple tidbits.
- In a large bowl, prepare the pudding mix according to package directions. Cool 5 minutes, stirring twice.
- Pour the whipping cream into a large bowl. Add the sugar and vanilla. Whip the cream using an electric mixer until the cream is stiff and fluffy.
- Fold 1 cup of the whipped cream into the cooled pudding. Set aside.
- Cut grapes in half; set aside.
Assemble the trifle:
- Layer 22 cookies on the bottom and around the sides of a trifle bowl.
- Spoon on 1/3 of the pudding, pineapple and grapes.
- Add another layer of 8 cookies; pudding, pineapple and grapes.
- Repeat layer again saving pineapple tidbits and grape halves to decorate the top.
- On final pudding layer, place remaining 8 cookies around the outside edge of the trifle bowl dipping into the pudding to secure in place.
- Spoon on remaining whipped cream. Top with reserved fruit.
- Cover and refrigerate. Can be made 24 hours ahead. Makes 8 to 10 servings.