The TENA Kitchen Recipe of the Month - April '16
Creamy Carrot soup
- 500 mL Carrots, cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- 500 mL Parsnips, cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- 3 Apples, peeled and cubed
- 50 mL Canola oil
- 2 mL Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 L Vegetable broth
- 250 mL Water
- 750 mL Vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 200° C.
- In a large bowl combine carrots, parsnips and apples. Add canola oil; salt and pepper and toss to coat all vegetables.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add vegetables; roast for 15 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a large saucepan and cover with 1 L broth and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add batches of vegetables to blender and blend until smooth, adding in an additional 750 mL of vegetable broth for more liquid.
- Pour back into saucepan and re-heat.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.