The TENA Kitchen Recipe of the Month - Mar '16
Chicken and Vegetable Coconut Rice
- 175 mL Brown Rice
- 1 Sweet potato, peeled and cut into ¾-inch (2 cm) cubes
- 50 mL Unsweetened shredded coconut
- 250 mL Coconut milk
- 125 mL Water
- 2 mL Salt
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken thighs, about ½ lb (250 g)
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 15 mL Sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 10 mL Canola oil 4 Green onions, chopped
- 500 mL Bok choy, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the rice, sweet potato and shredded coconut.
- Add the coconut milk, water and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into 2 cm cubes. In a small bowl, mix together chicken, garlic, soy sauce.
- In large skillet with tight fitting lid, heat oil over medium high heat. Stir-fry green onions about 1 minute. Add chicken. Stir fry until chicken is cooked, about 5 minutes. Add bok choy. Cover and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice mixture. Heat another 5 minutes over low heat.
- Makes 4 servings.