The TENA Kitchen Recipe of the Month - January '15
Asian Steak Salad with Mango
- 45 mL Apple juice
- 15 mL Honey
- 10 mL Sodium reduced soy sauce
- 45 mL Canola oil
- 15 mL Canola oil
- 500 g Beef Strip Loin or Top Sirloin, thinly sliced
- 1000 mL Torn romaine lettuce
- 1 Mango, cut into thin strips
- 1 Sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 Green onions, sliced
- 125 mL Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 5 mL Sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk together Vinaigrette ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat canola oil in large frypan over medium-high heat. Stir-fry beef until browned, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl toss together the romaine, mango strips, peppers, green onions and basil.
- Top salad with cooked beef strips and sesame seeds.
- Drizzle entire salad with Vinaigrette before serving.
- Makes 4 servings.