Revised: November 20, 2013
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information in the manner described below.
- You may voluntarily provide us with information, including:
- Your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, password, credit card and other payment information as well as other information to use the Site, including registering;
- Information when you contact or interact with us; and
- Any other information you voluntarily provide us with in connection with using the Site, including your comments and other content.
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Domain name of your Internet service provider;
- Your geographic location;
- The Site pages that you visit and the time of your visits; and
- Aggregated information that cannot be used to specifically identify you when you use or visit the Site.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes, including:
- The purposes for which you provided it;
- To process and respond to your inquiries;
- For fulfillment of orders and requests;
- To identify you as a user of the Site;
- To send you information about your relationship with us;
- To enable you to provide ratings and reviews and participate in questions and answers;
- To contact you with information, including promotional information, that we believe will be of interest to you;
- To provide the services you request, including the Site;
- To create anonymous data, which we may use for any purpose;
- To analyze the Site;
- To allow us to personalize and enhance your experience using the Site;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
- To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability or popularity of the Site;
- To improve the Site or develop new products and services;
- To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our users and our business;
- To administer and troubleshoot the Site; and
Please note that you may choose to not to allow us to use personal information for certain purposes (such as to send you promotional information) as described in Your Choices Regarding Your Information below.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED
Before submitting any content, please read the Terms carefully. All information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags and/or other materials accessible through the Site, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted ("Content"), are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not us, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available through the Site, and other users of the Site, and not us, are similarly responsible for all Content they upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available through the Site. We have the right in our sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse or remove any Content, including without limitation, the right to remove any Content that violates the Terms or that we deem objectionable.
Third Party Service Providers. We may use third parties to perform functions in connection with the Site (for example, postal mail, e-mail, customer lists, data analysis, marketing, credit card and other payment processing, order fulfillment, customer service, ratings and reviews, and questions and answers, etc.). We may share information about you with these third parties, or allow these third parties to collect information about you on our behalf, that they need to perform their functions and in accordance with our agreements with them. Some of these third parties may be located outside of Canada, including in the United States.
Other Disclosures. Regardless of the choices you make regarding your information (as described below), we may disclose information about you to third parties to:
- Enforce or apply the Terms;
- Comply with law, in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process or cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
- Protect our rights, reputation, safety and property, or that of our users or others (for example, protecting the security of the Site);
- Protect against potential liability;
- Establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; or
- To investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety or property of us, users or others, violation of the Terms, our policies or agreements or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated information relating to visitors to and users of the Site with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Technologies. Please see Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Technologies below.
COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
We, along with the third parties described below, use persistent and session cookies, Web beacons and other technologies. These technologies are used for tracking, analytics, Site optimization and to personalize our and third party interactions with you.
- Cookies. Cookies are small bits of information that are transferred to and stored in separate files within your computer’s browser. You can instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies. But if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all portions or all functionality of the Site.
- Persistent cookies remain on the visitor’s computer after the browser has been closed. For example, we use persistent cookies to remember a visitor when the visitor returns to the Site after visiting another website.
- Session cookies exist only during a visitor’s online session and disappear from the visitor’s computer when they close the browser software. For example, we may use session cookies to remember what a visitor placed in the visitor’s cart.
To opt-out of Bazaarvoice: http://www.bazaarvoice.com/privacy-policy/
To opt-out of Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
For the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
To opt-out of Adobe Omniture: http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html#4
Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
While we take reasonable measures to protect the information you submit via the Site against loss, theft and unauthorized use, access, disclosure, or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We periodically review these measures. If you are logged into the Site, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt the information you input. No Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email sent to or from the Site may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Our authorized employees, agents and mandataries who require access to your personal information in order to fulfil their job requirements will have access to your personal information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
- Changing Your Information. You may make changes to your information, including keeping your information accurate, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-ASK-TENA (1-866-275-8362).
- Email Communications. You can make changes regarding receiving email communications from us by contacting us at email@example.com or 1-866-ASK-TENA (1-866-275-8362).
- Postal Mail. You can make changes regarding receiving postal mail communications from us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-ASK-TENA (1-866-275-8362).
- Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Technologies. Please see Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Technologies above.
- Withdrawal of Consent. You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. For example, you may not be permitted to withdraw consent to certain necessary uses and disclosures, such as maintaining transaction records and disclosures to Canadian and foreign government entities as required to comply with laws. If you withdraw your consent to certain uses or disclosures of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide products or services.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 18. If you are under age 18, please do not submit any personal information through the Site. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from a child under age 18, please contact us immediately at email@example.com or 1-866-ASK-TENA (1-866-275-8362).
HOW TO CONTACT US
TENA Consumer Care Center
P.O. Box 8091
Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54702-8091
Telephone: 1-866-ASK-TENA (1-866-275-8362)
Note that requests for access must be in writing and your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.