The TENA Kitchen Recipe of the Month - May '15
Cranberry Vanilla Coffee Cake
- 125 mL Brown sugar, packed
- 50 mL Uncooked rolled oats (quick-cooking or old-fashioned)
- 50 mL Canned Whole Berry cranberry sauce
- 175 mL Butter
- 250 mL Granulated white sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 10 mL Pure vanilla extract
- 500 mL All-purpose flour
- 5 mL Baking powder
- 5 mL Baking soda
- 2 mL Salt
- 250 mL Sour cream
- Line bottom and sides of a 23 cm x 5 cm round cake pan with parchment paper. Butter the parchment paper and sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Combine sugar, rolled oats and whole berry cranberry sauce. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter with sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Spread half in greased and floured pan; spread with half the topping. Repeat.
- Bake in 180° C oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Add a dusting of icing sugar to top of cake when cool.
- Makes 1 cake.