The TENA Kitchen Recipe of the Month - Dec '14
Cranberry Pear Crisp
- 250 mL Whole wheat flour
- 125 mL Firmly packed brown sugar
- 125 mL Uncooked rolled oats (quick-cooking or old-fashioned)
- 1 mL Salt
- 125 mL Butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 6 Bartlett Pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 250 mL Fresh or frozen cranberries
- 125 mL Sugar
- 25 mL Whole wheat flour
- 1 mL Ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 190° C (375° F).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, rolled oats and salt.
- Add butter and cut in with two knives or a pastry blender or your hands.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the pear slices, cranberries, sugar, flour and nutmeg.
- Spread filling in a greased 8-inch x 13-inch (3 L) baking dish.
- Add Topping.
- Bake at 190° C (375° F) for 55 minutes.
- Makes 6 servings.